The Club's 1967 Christmas Card
In the Club's earlier days, there were a number of other activities apart from the regular lectures:
- Regular outings to places of interest – gardens, stately homes, museums e.g. Luton Hoo, Kew Gardens, Painshill Park and Glyndebourne.
- Holidays planned – to Amsterdam, USA, Rouen, Russia - but no records found in the archive as to whether or not these plans ever came to fruition.
- Information Exchange/Travel Connections – where members passed on information on places to visit, travel tips etc.
- Club's Christmas card designed by a member.
- Paper-chase and balloon races for members’ children
Members' children releasing balloons following a talk on ballooning
The Club also had an involvement with:
- The Guildford Festival
- Guildford Book Festival
- Guildford International Welcome Week